Inside the Loop

Perspectives on food, travel & the miscellaneous

April 5, 2007

Sweet Tea

My passport says that I am from the South which means that I should like iced tea. Or should I say, sweet iced tea. Well, I really don't. Some of my friends have a list of the best restaurants to get said tea; if a place doesn't have it, then we don't go.

I have always written the drink off, until....

Last summer, I discovered a tea called Sweet Leaf, and let me just say that I am hooked. My local Fresh Market sells it by the half gallon. Peach, mint & honey, and original are my favorite flavors. Can't get enough of the stuff.

Run out & try it. Might give the local iced tea favorites a run for their money.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will have to try that... I have never been a fan of store bought teas... but I trust your review.

4/07/2007 2:21 PM  
Blogger PhotoReb said...

mmmmmmmm.... McAlister's sweet tea.....

4/08/2007 12:01 AM  
Blogger PhotoReb said...

BTW, thanks for the indirect props. I think.

4/08/2007 12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Leaf Tea is awesome! I never thought I would like a bottled tea, but it tastes so fresh.

4/09/2007 8:24 AM  
Blogger zackperry said...

On those hot days it was amazing......

I couldn't drink it fast enough.

4/13/2007 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm stuck in Seattle where there's no such thing as sweet tea.

Buttholes in Memphis shouldn't taunt those of with no access to sweet tea...unless they're willing to have Baker ship the tea out to me!

The closest Fresh Market is in Missouri...not too convenient to Seattle.

4/16/2007 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Made a trek out to the Fresh Market and tried "the tea" - I loved it. Mint & Honey, yummy. But wanted to let you know, yesterday I found it at KROGER!!! YAY!!

7/10/2007 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home