Inside the Loop

Perspectives on food, travel & the miscellaneous

December 26, 2005

Top Five Things....in New York: December

I hope to make "Top Five Things...." a regular posting about my travels. The first one highlights my trip to New York during last week's transit strike.

Note: the absence of the subway & high taxi prices limited my sightseeing and gastronomic adventures.

1. Teany-a tea shop owned by the musical artist, Moby, located on the lower east side of the concrete jungle. I recommend the Teany Special: a pot of tea, scones with jam, petit fours du jour, and two tea sandwiches...without the crusts!
2. Bowery Ballroom-a cool concert hall on Delancey Street also on the lower east side.
3. Rain-Thai/Asian fusion restaurant on the upper west side; Columbus & W. 82nd to be exact. Their drink menu lists a "trio of tinis"-three tiny martinis in a variety of flavors. Yum!
4. Rockefeller Center at Christmas- really gets you in the holiday spirit with the tree, the ice skating, and the decorations.
5. Peculier Pub- the largest beer list I have ever seen. Located on Bleeker between Thompson & LaGuardia in Greenwich Village.

3 Comments:

Blogger PhotoReb said...

Yes! I'm so proud to be indirectly responsible for 3 of the 5 on this list! (Where's the party pants pic?)

1/17/2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger eolson said...

There is not a picture because I do not know how to load one on this blog!!

1/18/2006 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Online Cheating said...

Who knows it.

6/09/2011 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home